Man charged with murder to appear at crown court
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A 25-year-old man charged with murder after the death of a man in Colchester will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court tomorrow.
Sheldon McKay, of Ridgewell Way, Colchester, appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court today after being charged with murder following an incident on Friday, December 11.
Police were called to Affleck Road, on Colchester's Greenstead estate shortly after 12.15am, and a man in his 20s was pronounced dead at the scene.
A teenager was also taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
McKay was remanded in custody by magistrates and will now appear at Chelmsford Crown Court tomorrow.
A 19-year-old man who was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder and attempted murder remains in custody for questioning.
A 17-year-old girl arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released on bail until January 6, 2021.
A 20-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder has been released on bail until January 5, 2021.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14