Flood warnings in Suffolk: some homes, businesses and roads still at risk
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
Tidal surges from Storm Ciara flooded coastal and estuary areas across Suffolk yesterday, whilst some flood warnings and alerts remain in place today.
Flood warnings have been issued for the tidal River Waveney from Ellingham Marshes to Belton and also for riverside properties along the tidal River Yare, including Cantley, Brundall and Reedham.
MORE: Orwell Bridge stays OPEN
This means that flooding is expected in those areas and that immediate action may be required to prevent the flooding of homes and businesses.
Whilst yesterday's flooding was a result of the storm surges, today will see high tides due to waters moving up river from Great Yarmouth, as well as the effect of spring tides exacerbated by the weather.
The flood gates at Felixstowe will be closed today whilst the waterfront at Pin Mill and the Strand at Wherstead under the Orwell Bridge may be flooded.
Quayside Road in Woodbridge was completely submerged yesterday and had to be closed by police - today there is still a risk of flooding in riverside areas.
Flood alerts, indicating flooding is possible and that people should be prepared, are in place for several areas across the county:
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 9 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
-The Suffolk and Essex coast from Felixstowe to Clacton, including Orwell and Stour estuaries
-The Suffolk coast at Southwold
-The Suffolk coast from Lowestoft to Bawdsey
-The tidal Deben estuary
-The tidal River Waveney from Ellingham to Breydon Water
-The tidal River Yare from Thorpe St Andrew to Breydon Water
Updates on flooding can be found on the Gov.uk website.