‘Glamping’ tents approved for Suffolk country park
- Credit: Getty Images
More glamping facilities look to be heading to Suffolk after a country park was granted permission to introduce luxury tents.
East Suffolk Council has approved an application by Kingfishers, at Cretingham Country Park, to use sections of its land as holiday accommodation.
The plans involve building four bell tents, each measuring 6m squared, in various locations around the 120-acre park.
Kingfishers has also been granted permission to construct two large wooden safari tents, as well as two smaller metal-frame shepherd huts.
The design and access statement, submitted along with the application, said: "The proposed accommodation will provide additional revenue streams to the existing business and form part of an ongoing management plan to help secure the long-term economic viability of the whole site."
You may also want to watch:
Glamping, or glamorous camping, has risen in popularity in recent years.
Also known as 'luxury camping', glamping usually occurs in more luxurious tents or huts with access to more amenities typically associated with upmarket resorts.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
Tents are usually heated, insulated and contain a bed, as opposed to a sleeping bag.
Suffolk has certainly followed the trend, with glamping facilities and sites being found in Saxmundham, Woodbridge and Hasketon.
Last month, plans to introduce a new glamping site at Brightwell Country Park, just outside of Ipswich, were submitted by the site's owner.