House catches fire in village
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to a house fire in Woolpit.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to Wrights Way in the mid Suffolk village just before 8.50pm this evening.
Crews arrived to find a fire had started in a garden shed and had spread to the garage and adjacent two-storey house.
A spokesman for the fire service said the ground floor, first floor and roof of the house were all alight.
Engines from Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell and Ixworth are tackling the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
No casualties have been reported.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street