Helicopters and drones fly over Sizewell in hunt for missing man
- Credit: David Lamming
Coastguard teams, police helicopters and a fire service drone have joined the search for Brian Nunn from Leiston, who has been missing since Friday.
Search and rescue volunteers, including specialist dogs, have also been looking for the 82-year-old this weekend.
Mr Nunn was last seen at 10am on Friday, leaving his home in Leiston on foot.
Fire crews were called to Sizewell Gap at 10.46am today by police officers searching for Mr Nunn, who requested to use their drone.
This is being flown over beaches and open fields, alongside the police helicopter, as searches continue.
Police put out an urgent appeal on Saturday and expressed their growing concern for his safety.
MORE: Road closed in search for missing manAbbey Road in the town was shut for a short while yesterday in connection with the search, and was re-opened at around 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives say Mr Nunn has medical conditions which require medication.
He is described as white, 6ft 1in tall, of medium build but does stoop over, has grey hair with dark flecks, and is clean shaven.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
He was last seen wearing beige trousers, a navy T-shirt, and a dark brown gilet.
Anyone who thinks they may have seen Mr Nunn, or has any information about where he might be, should contact the duty sergeant for Halesworth on 101, quoting CAD 444 of July 19.