9 homes set to be built in village
- Credit: Archant
Fresh plans have been submitted to build nine homes on land to the north of Elmswell.
Evolution Town Planning Ltd has submitted plans to Mid Suffolk District Council on behalf of landowner Robert Dyball seeking permission to build the small housing development on land off Oak Lane.
The scheme is set to be built just north of land that has been approved for 106 homes.
A previous application to build homes at the site was approved by the council in January, though the revised proposals make “more efficient” use of the land.
The developer said the scheme would boost nearby businesses and provide “much-needed” housing in the area, though none of the homes would be classed as affordable.
You may also want to watch:
The access to the development is to be considered at a later date.
Planning documents submitted with the proposals said: “The benefits that would arise from approving this outline planning application are clear.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions