Meet the women who inspire our readers
- Credit: Archant
To mark International Women’s Day we asked our readers to tell us about the woman who inspires them the most - and here are the results.
You told us about your inspirational mothers, the nans who go above and beyond and work colleagues who are role models for a whole community of women.
Francesca Souter, who is pictured above, sent in a paragraph of appreciation about her mum, Kaye Souter.
She wrote: “Mum created her own florist business just after she gave birth to me and has been working non-stop for the 20 years since in order to brighten the lives of people in the local and wider communities.
“Whether it’s creating arrangements for someone’s dream wedding or helping a family with funeral preparations, mum always completes her work with all of the care in the world and to the highest quality.
You may also want to watch:
“She is a true inspiration to my brother and myself and on a personal note, I know that she will always be there and support us no matter what.”
If you recognise any of the incredible ladies in this piece make sure you share the article with them.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
International Women’s Day takes place on March 8 every year, it is a global day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. It is also a chance to look at how far women have come in terms of gender equality and what more needs to be done to create a truly equal society.
There are an array of events taking place to mark the day, take a look here.