Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- Credit: Staff
A woman has died after her car collided with a tree in Leiston earlier today.
Police were called by the ambulance service to Lover's Lane at around 7.45am after the accident involving a black Volkswagen polo.
The woman, in her 60s and the sole occupant of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Three fire engines and the air ambulance were also called to the scene.
Suffolk police would like to hear from any witnesses to the collision, including anyone driving in Lover's Lane prior to the incident who has a dashcam fitted in their vehicle.
Chairman of the Leiston-cum-Sizewell Town Council John Last BEM, said: "I am saddened to hear of such a tragedy and my thoughts go out to the lady's family and friends."
It is the latest in a series of tragic accidents on Suffolk roads in the last few weeks.
A passenger died in fatal collision on the A14 on Friday, April 2 when a car collided with a lorry.
And mum-of-four Daniella Milburn, 33, died in a crash on the A1071, after an accident involving three cars and a motorcycle.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 10 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
Anyone with any information about the Leiston incident should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, quoting reference: CAD 51 of 11 April.