Art dealer's generous gift to SARS heroes
- Credit: Moyse's Hall Museum
Medical emergency charity "heroes" have been gifted limited edition art prints to thank them for "risking their lives every day".
Art dealer John Brandler, from Brentwood-based Brandler Galleries, has donated 35 prints of 'PPE Angel' by rising artist Rachel List to staff and clinicians with SARS (Suffolk Accident Rescue Service).
She came to prominence for PPE Angel - also known as NHS Angel - and three original examples of this piece are on display at the Moments art show at Moyse's Hall Museum in Bury St Edmunds.
He wanted to thank SARS for their work over the past 18 months, and particularly during the pandemic.
He said: "I specifically wanted to thank the individuals who are risking their lives every day by giving them something of lasting value.
You may also want to watch:
"Rachel List is a very popular and rising star in the street art movement, and consequently these limited edition prints will significantly increase in value over time."
Moyse's Hall Museum said they were "very grateful" to Mr Brandler "for a wonderfully kind gesture".
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
Gina Saunders of SARS added: "It’s been a really challenging 18 months, so when John reached out to Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) to donate the NHS Angel posters to our volunteer clinicians as a way of thanks we were really touched.
"Our SARS volunteers have continued to give up their spare time to provide emergency medical care across Suffolk, alongside busy day jobs working for the NHS and East of England Ambulance Service - they are all unsung heroes.
Mr Brandler has also gifted 50 PPE Angel limited edition prints to local frontline hospital workers.
Moments also features work by Banksy, Damien Hirst and other contemporary artists.
To book tickets for the Moments exhibition, which has now been seen by over 20,000 visitors, see here.