Karaoke bar listed for sale could be converted into takeaway
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a pub near Stowmarket town centre have applied to convert the property into a takeaway - just weeks after it was listed for sale.
The Crown, on the corner of Crown Street and Regent Street, hit the market last month with a price tag of £225,000 after its owners, Admiral Taverns, decided to sell the building.
In a Facebook post confirming the news, the landlords said the decision to list the pub for sale had been made “with a heavy heart”.
The post added: “Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last 12 and a bit years.”
However, plans have now been submitted to Mid Suffolk District Council seeking permission to convert the pub into a takeaway.
You may also want to watch:
Planning documents submitted with the proposals said a change of use for the building would be “considered appropriate to ensure the property is retained in commercial use”.
The documents added that opening hours would be similar to the pub’s opening hours if the plans received the green light.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views