Firefighters tackle field and combine harvester fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have been called to field fires and a combine harvester blaze, as Suffolk's recent spell of hot weather continues.
Crews were sent out to two separate incidents this afternoon.
They were first called to a combine harvester fire in a field near Bluegate Lane, Capel St Mary. Crews from the Ipswich East and Princes Street fire stations attended the blaze.
Firefighters were called to the fire just after 1.50pm today, Tuesday, September 7. A 'stop' was called on the fire just before 3pm that afternoon.
The cause of the fire and the extent of any injuries are not known.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Mildenhall and Newmarket were also called to a field fire in Chairfen Drove, West Row.
They received reports of the fire at around 2pm.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
They arrived to find approximately one acre of was on fire but crews succeeded in extinguishing the fire just before 2.40pm.