Motorists warned of A140 closure due to roundabout upgrade project
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
The A140 at Eye is set to close this weekend as a £3.1million project to install new roundabouts nears completion.
A section of the road from the new northern roundabout, south to Old Ipswich Road in Yaxley, will close from 8pm on Friday so it can be connected to the southern roundabout.
It will be shut to motorists until 5am next Monday.
The highways team at Suffolk County Council has also said other minor roads in Yaxley will be closed as contractors complete the project.
Castleton Way will be closed between the A140 and the Oaksmere Business Park from 5am on Wednesday through to 5am next Monday, while Eye Road will be shut from 5am on Wednesday through to April 23.
Diversions will be in place and clearly signposted for all road closures.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk County Council is upgrading the A140 following a number of reported accidents on the road over the last few years.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases