Road closures and timings as the Women's Tour returns to Suffolk
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Women's Tour is back in Suffolk this weekend as the sixth stage runs from Haverhill to Felixstowe — here's everything you need to know.
Spectators are expected to line the streets as the world's best cyclists leave Haverhill town centre on Saturday morning for the race's final stage.
The 115km route will take them through towns such as Sudbury, Needham Market and Woodbridge before a sprint finish on Felixstowe seafront.
Here's an overview of the route and the times cyclists are expected to arrive:
- High Street, Haverhill - 11.00am
- Sturmer Road, Haverhill - 11.15am
- Skate's Hill, Glemsford - 12.05pm
- B1064, Long Melford - 12.15pm
- B1113, Needham Market - 1.39pm
- B1078, Clopton Hill - 2.16pm
- Melton Road, Woodbridge - 2.41pm
- Sea Road, Felixstowe - 3.20pm
Which roads are set to close on Saturday?
East Suffolk Council has warned of several road closures in Felixstowe to accommodate spectators for the race and the FelixFest celebration.
The following roads will be shut between 4am and 7pm on Saturday:
- Beach Road
- Sea Road
- Orford Road
- Cavendish Road between Sea Road and Manning Road
- Mannings Road between Undercliff Road West and Cavendish Street
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 10 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe