Double nomination joy 'a shot in the arm' for gastropub
- Credit: Tim Bowden
A popular Suffolk restaurant has received two nominations in the finals of a prestigious national competition.
The Unruly Pig, in Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, is up for two awards at the Great British Pub Awards.
Chef Dave Wall is nominated in the Best Chef category and the pub itself is nominated in the Best Food category.
The nominations come only days after the pub had to close due to a positive Covid test from staff member.
Owner Brendan Padfield said that news of the nomination was just what the business needed following a difficult few days.
"This is fabulous news at an incredibly difficult time for the hospitality industry," said Mr Padfield.
You may also want to watch:
"We have our own shot in the arm.
"To have been nominated as a finalist in one category is an honour. We couldn't quite believe we have been nominated nationally in two categories."
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The restaurant is no stranger to awards ceremonies, having been nominated for, and won a host of titles in recent years.
"It says so much for the hard work and dedication of the whole team, particularly the kitchen team," said Mr Padfield.
"It's simply wonderful."
The Unruly Pig is set to re-open its doors on Saturday.