Suffolk village completely cut off by flooded roads
- Credit: Archant
A mid Suffolk village has been completely cut off by flooding - with firefighters working through the morning to try and pump the water away.
Bildestone Road in Offton, near Needham Market, is completely flooded as water runs off the nearby fields, as are the roads from the village towards Willisham and Somersham.
Lindsey Howlett, who lives in Offton, needs to travel to Stansted today to pick up her son from the airport but has found she is completely cut off.
"I can't get through into Offton and the road between Somersham and Bramford has flooded too," she said.
"I tried going up towards Barking and Needham Market but that road is flooded and I can't get through. "There's also flooding on the road towards Wiillisham - there seems to be major flooding everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
"I am completely cut off wherever I go.
"Firefighters are helping with the neighbour's house too, the water has run off the fields and her house is flooded."
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
The Met Office put out a yellow weather warning for flooding in Suffolk and Essex this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service have been sent to multiple reports of cars getting stuck on flooded roads.