Winter wonderland - 21 of today's best snow photos from Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Sonya Duncan/Archant
Snowfall brought a touch of magic to Suffolk and north Essex today.
Here are 21 of our favourite photos of a snowy Saturday around the area, showing people of all ages having fun during their daily exercise - but not forgetting social distancing.
Children enjoyed sledging on the slopes in parks and gardens - and also managed to build some impressive snowmen.
For some young children, it was the first time they had ever seen the white stuff.
And it was also a first for some young dogs and puppies, who looked a little bewildered as they found themselves walking through snow.
The area woke up to snow after the Met Office had earlier issued an amber weather warning, with forecasters expecting up to 10cm to fall in parts of East Anglia.
Later in the day, though, the snow was starting to melt in some areas, and, with maximum temperatures of 4C to 5C forecast over the weekend, the snowmen may not be around for too much longer.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk