Winter wonderland - 21 of today's best snow photos from Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Sonya Duncan/Archant
Snowfall brought a touch of magic to Suffolk and north Essex today.
Here are 21 of our favourite photos of a snowy Saturday around the area, showing people of all ages having fun during their daily exercise - but not forgetting social distancing.
Children enjoyed sledging on the slopes in parks and gardens - and also managed to build some impressive snowmen.
For some young children, it was the first time they had ever seen the white stuff.
And it was also a first for some young dogs and puppies, who looked a little bewildered as they found themselves walking through snow.
The area woke up to snow after the Met Office had earlier issued an amber weather warning, with forecasters expecting up to 10cm to fall in parts of East Anglia.
Later in the day, though, the snow was starting to melt in some areas, and, with maximum temperatures of 4C to 5C forecast over the weekend, the snowmen may not be around for too much longer.
- 1 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 2 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 3 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 4 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 5 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 6 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 7 Murder probe launched after woman found dead at Ipswich flat
- 8 Covid patient admissions drop at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 9 'I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the fans' - Lambert on Celtic vacancy
- 10 Ex-Town star named as U's boss