Sunny weather could hit 19C today as lockdown is eased
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown/Archant
Sunny weather is set for Suffolk and Essex today as lockdown restrictions are eased slightly.
The Met Office has said that it will be cloudy in the morning turning warm by the afternoon with a maximum temperature of 19C.
Many families may wish to take advantage of the sun to meet up outside with two households or groups no bigger than six in line with the latest Covid-19 rules. Today is also the start of the Easter school holidays.
But Suffolk police, the county council and the government have urged people to Stay Local as the 'Stay at Home' guidance ends.
Suffolk police told the public to ask themselves if a journey is "necessary" and to apply "common sense" when travelling.
The government has said people should now stick to its new slogan of Hands, Face, Space and Fresh Air as restrictions ease and continue to work from home where possible.
The warm weather, expected to last until Wednesday, will also mean people can take advantage of the reopening of outdoor sports.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are expected to drop to 11C on Thursday and fall to 9C on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases