More snow could be on its way to Suffolk - but heavy rain expected first
- Credit: Charlotte Bond/Suffolk
More snow could be on its way to Suffolk and north Essex next weekend - but first there is likely to be more heavy rain.
Phil Garner of Weatherquest, based in Norwich, said: "It looks as if there will be more cold weather next Saturday, January 23, and that could bring a little snow."
East Anglia woke up to snow on Saturday, with many people using their daily exercise during lockdown to get out and about in the wintry landscape.
However, milder weather brought a thaw later in the day and Sunday has seen some sunny weather arriving, with temperatures of up to 4C or 5C.
Mr Garner said the weather over the coming week would be "rather changeable", with a likelihood of more heavy rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, possibly bringing more flooding.
He said: "Part of the problem is going to be most of the rainfall going on to saturated ground."
You may also want to watch:
The weather looks likely to improve later in the week, before temperatures drop again at the weekend.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?