More snow could be on its way to Suffolk - but heavy rain expected first
- Credit: Charlotte Bond/Suffolk
More snow could be on its way to Suffolk and north Essex next weekend - but first there is likely to be more heavy rain.
Phil Garner of Weatherquest, based in Norwich, said: "It looks as if there will be more cold weather next Saturday, January 23, and that could bring a little snow."
East Anglia woke up to snow on Saturday, with many people using their daily exercise during lockdown to get out and about in the wintry landscape.
However, milder weather brought a thaw later in the day and Sunday has seen some sunny weather arriving, with temperatures of up to 4C or 5C.
Mr Garner said the weather over the coming week would be "rather changeable", with a likelihood of more heavy rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, possibly bringing more flooding.
He said: "Part of the problem is going to be most of the rainfall going on to saturated ground."
You may also want to watch:
The weather looks likely to improve later in the week, before temperatures drop again at the weekend.
- 1 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 2 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 3 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 4 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 7 Murder probe launched after woman found dead at Ipswich flat
- 8 Covid patient admissions drop at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 9 'I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the fans' - Lambert on Celtic vacancy
- 10 Infection rates show slight rise in some districts