All Thurlow Nunn League matches postponed
- Credit: Archant
All matches in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League have been postponed this weekend, in response to the spread of the coronavirus, as have all other fixtures until April 3.
A statement was issued by Thurlow Nunn League secretary Nigel Spurling this afternoon.
It read: 'I am sure that you aware that today the Premier League and the English Football League have decided to postpone all fixtures until Saturday, April 3, due to the Covid 19 outbreak.
'The Football Association has told the leagues at our level that it is up to the leagues themselves to decide their own position regarding playing fixtures at present.
'We have today been contacted by clubs that have players and personnel who are self-isolating and one case of a confirmed virus.
You may also want to watch:
'We have therefore decided to postpone all matches in the Thurlow Nunn Football League with immediate effect.
'This therefore also includes matches in the Reserve Division and the Thurlow Nunn Youth League.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
'The situation will be reviewed on Monday, March 30, but even if the decision was then taken to restart, no games would be played in any of our competitions until at least Saturday, April 3.
'This decision has been taken with the best interests of players, match officials and club personnel to the forefront and I hope that everyone can understand that this both reduces risk and brings some certainty to
Earlier today, both the Isthmian League and Southern League postponed all their matches for this weekend.