Downes and Dozzell get England calls after Town’s Oxford trip is postponed
- Credit: Archant
Flynn Downes and Andre Dozzell have been called up for England Under 20 duty during the upcoming international break.
The Blues' planned visit to Oxford on November 16 has been postponed due to international call-ups, with Alan Judge (Republic of Ireland) and Armando Dobra (Albania Under 19s) already due to be with their countries.
Downes and Dozzell will now also be away, with England due to take on Portugal and Iceland.
The two Town midfielders will meet up with the squad after Saturday's FA Cup tie against Lincoln at Portman Road.
The young Lions are away to Portugal on November 14 before taking on Iceland at Wycombe's Adams Park five days later.
You may also want to watch:
Judge is in the Republic of Ireland squad for their friendly against New Zealand and their deciding European Championship qualifier at home to Denmark, while Dobra will be on international duty for Albania at a tournament also involving Greece, Belgium and Iceland.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 10 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town