Young defender Ndaba heads to Chelmsford on one-month loan
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town central defender Corrie Ndaba has joined Chelmsford City on a month’s loan.
The Irishman was due to join the Essex club last month but saw the switch break down due to ongoing financial issues at Chelmsford.
But those problems have been resolved, meaning Ndaba can now join the National League South club.
Ndaba, who came close to making a first-team debut at the end of last season but fell away due to manager Paul Lambert's disappointed with his displays in the Under 23s, has recently been on loan at Hemel Hempstead but had returned to Portman Road along with Bailey Clements.
Ndaba could make his Chelmsford debut at home to Hungerford on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
His temporary departure comes at a time when Ipswich have injury problems at centre-half and after Under 18s captain Alex Henderson and veteran midfielder Cole Skuse were used in that position in Wednesday's EFL Trophy victory at Peterborough.
Meanwhile, Ipswich's Under 18s will face either AFC Wimbledon or Barnet in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup should they beat Cardiff in the third round next weekend.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
That game is next Saturday.