El Mizouni receives first senior Tunisia call-up
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town teenager Idris El Mizouni has been named in the senior Tunisia squad for the first time.
The 18-year-old creative midfielder, who was born in Paris but qualifies for Tunisia through his father, has previously won two caps for his country's Under-23 side.
Should he feature in the home friendly against Iraq on June 7 he would become the first player in the club's history to earn a cap for the 'Eagles of Carthage'.
El Mizouni was signed as an academy scholar in 2017 after impressing during a series of trials, Town having scouted youth tournaments in France and created a link with a youth club in Paris.
He was a regular for Town's table-topping U23s in the season just gone. After being handed his first pro contract - until 2021 - last December, a senior debut (as a substitute in the 1-1 draw at Bristol City) followed in March.
You may also want to watch:
Further cameos came against Hull and Brentford, before he started the 4-0 defeat at Preston towards the end of the campaign.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses