Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Striker target released by Scottish club
- Credit: PA
Reported Ipswich Town transfer target Guy Melamed has been released by St Johnstone.
Israeli striker Melamed, 28, scored seven goals in 23 games for the Saints this season as they won an historic cup double in Scotland.
He was out of contract this summer though, and the club have now announced that he's been released.
Melamed has been linked to Town, Sunderland and Portsmouth, and apparently confirmed the interest to the Daily Record recently.
He said: ”I heard from my agent. He told me there is interest.
“It's very flattering to me. I'll have to sit down with my agent and look at all the proposals.
"I will return home. I will be with my family, I will enjoy some of the time in the country because I have not been there for many months.
"I do not rule out (Israel), but on the other hand my direction is to continue abroad."
Town are, of course, very much in the market for strikers this summer as Paul Cook looks to beef up an anaemic front line which was among the worst in League One last season.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child