Young Ipswich Town duo could be set for Scottish loan moves
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town duo Brett McGavin and Aaron Drinan could be set for temporary moves to Scotland.
The pair are currently training with Ayr United with a view to potential loan moves until the end of the season.
Ayr, previously managed by Ipswich Town legend George Burley, sit third in the Scottish Championship and are bidding to win promotion to the top flight.
Drinan has yet to feature for the Ipswich first-team since signing from Waterford in January 2018, spending time out on loan at his former club, Sutton United and Swedish second-tier side GAIS.
McGavin made his senior bow in this season's EFL Trophy and has also featured for the Blues in the FA Cup, impressing in the process, but with Ipswich now out of all three cup competitions and fully focussed on League One promotion, the club are hoping to find temporary homes for some of their young players.
McGavin is contracted to the club until the end of this season, with the Blues holding the option to extend it by a further year which they seem almost certain to take.
Drinan's Ipswich contract runs until 2021.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR