Town talking point: Is it time to hand young star Dobra his first league start?
- Credit: Archant
He scored a dazzling, Maradona-esque goal for the Under 23s on Monday, and is widely accepted as one of Town’s most exciting players – so is it time for Armando Dobra to make his first league start for the Blues this weekend?
The livewire 18-year-old midfielder, named today in the latest Albania Under-21 squad, has been on the bench and seen limited action in two of Town's most recent defeats, the 2-1 loss at Blackpool, and Saturday's 1-0 reverse at home to Coventry.
But, while he's started for the Blues in the EFL Trophy and FA Cup among the eight games he's played for Ipswich this campaign, he has yet to make his full league bow.
Given he scored a cracking goal in the Under 23's 1-1 draw at Cardiff on Monday, and Town desperately need a spark to ignite their rapidly disintegrating play-off hopes, should boss Paul Lambert elevate him to the starting 11 for the Blues' trip to Bristol Rovers this Saturday?
The chances look even better now, with this evening's breaking news that Alan Judge will miss the rest of the seson with a broken foot.
What do you think? And where would you play him if he was in your starting XI?
You may also want to watch:
Vote in our poll and leave a comment below!
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk