Lankester out for extended spell with stress fracture in his back
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jack Lankester is set for an extended spell on the sidelines due to his ongoing back injury.
The teenager hasn’t featured for the Blues since the 2-0 defeat at Blackburn on January 19.
It was originally hoped he would return in ‘two or three weeks’ but the teenager is set to be sidelined for a little longer after manager Paul Lambert confirmed he has a stress fracture in his back.
“He’s got a little stress fracture in his back so he’s going to be out for a little while,” he said.
“But he’s growing and his body’s developing so he’ll be better for it.
You may also want to watch:
“He’ll be ready to come back when he’s ready but he’s a very talented young footballer.”
Lankester burst onto the scene earlier this season, after only signing his first professional contract in the summer.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
In total he’s made 11 Ipswich appearances, scoring once.