‘We have to take it to them’ - Nolan wants to pile the pressure on stuttering Stoke
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jon Nolan believes Ipswich Town need to keep their foot on the pedal and take advantage of Stoke’s tough run of results.
The Blues impressed in Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw with Derby and, if they can produce those performance levels again, Nolan believes his team have a real chance against a Stoke side who have only won once under new boss Nathan Jones.
It’s a game Ipswich need to win, as they look to eat away at the 10-point gap to safety.
“Another performance like that would mean we are definitely confident,” Nolan said.
“They’ve had a sticky time themselves with the new manager but we just have to take it to them.
You may also want to watch:
“All the lads will give everything they can and we’ll see where that can get us.”
Nolan also believes the Ipswich fans have a part to play.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
“I’ve never seen anything like this situation,” Nolan said.
“Normally with a team bottom of the league the pitchforks are out but the fans are backing us. Credit to them.”