‘So many things that come into play when thinking about the future’ – Judge on Town contract talks
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Alan Judge says ‘so many things will come into play’ when he sits down to talk about his future with Ipswich Town over the coming weeks.
The 31-year-old midfielder has become a firm fans’ favourite since joining from Brentford for a nominal fee on January 14.
His short-term contract expires at the end of the campaign, though there is an ‘option’ in the deal to extend that by a further 12 months.
Judge recently said that option was ‘more in the club’s favour... a bit of both actually’, with Blues boss Paul Lambert agreeing that was a good description of the situation.Speaking in an interview for tomorrow’s match day programme, Judge said: “Hopefully we will start talking over the next few weeks and we will see where it goes.MORE: Bishop back, while Collins will face late fitness test – Ipswich Town team news ahead of Reading visit
“I am really enjoying my football. I am playing in the position where I want to play. There are so many things that come into play when thinking about the future.
“Playing games is very important to me and playing where I know I’m at my best. I don’t want to be at a club where I’m going to be stuck out on the wing.
You may also want to watch:
“The main thing here is that I’m enjoying my football. That is all I’m focused on at the moment, enjoying playing and helping the team. When the time comes to sit down and sort out what’s happening going forward, I’ll do it.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina