Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Sunderland and Oxford linked to Edwards
- Credit: Archant
Sunderland and Oxford United are tracking Ipswich Town winger Gwion Edwards, it has been reported.
Football Insider claims that the League One rivals are ‘big admirers’ of the Welshman, who played 35 games for Town last season, scoring twice.
The Blues took the option to extend his deal at Portman Road for a further year last month.
Edwards arrived at Ipswich in the summer of 2018 as part of the Paul Hurst revolution, signing from Peterborough for £700,000.
Speaking on March 13, the day football was suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak, Edwards said: “I’m settled here and would like to stay. My ambition is to play again in the Championship and I know the club want to get back there as soon as they can too.
You may also want to watch:
“There hasn’t been any talk yet about it. We’ve just been concentrating on the games and we’ll deal with the contract situation nearer the time. The club have the one-year option and I think they have until the third Saturday in May, or something like that, to decide if they want to trigger it.”
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended