Carol singing and artisan stalls at cathedral's Christmas market
- Credit: Archant
St Edmundsbury Cathedral is hosting a Christmas market from tomorrow, November 25, until Saturday.
Stallholders from Suffolk and beyond will showcase their products, from micro-brewery beer and oak gifts to handmade soaps and chocolates.
Visitors will get the chance to browse stalls while also taking in the beautiful setting of the cathedral.
In addition to the shopping experience, carol singing will take place daily at 3pm, with the Haverhill Silver Band joining on Saturday.
The Christmas market is a new venture for the cathedral and is part of a schedule of events being offered by a range of organisations throughout the town over the festive period.
“We’re excited to host a Christmas market and invite both regular and new visitors into our beautiful building,” said cathedral marketing manager Catherine Rayson.
“The stallholders joining us across the three days of the event represent the exciting small businesses we have in the Bury St Edmunds area and we’re very much looking forward to helping them showcase their brilliantly-crafted products.”
In addition to the Christmas market, tower tours can be pre-booked on the cathedral website and are available each day at 10.30am and 1.30pm.
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
These tours are a special experience offering a unique look behind the walls of the cathedral. The pinnacle of the tour comes following the ascent of the cathedral tower, which at 202 steps offers unparalleled views of the Abbey Gardens and town beyond.
There is no Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre again this year, but a number of smaller events are taking place instead.
The cathedral's Christmas market is running from Thursday, November 25, to Saturday, November 27 from 10am to 4.30pm.