Talented craft society set to impress at historic Bury St Edmunds venue
- Credit: Dennis Hayles/Clare Gaylard
The prestigious Suffolk Craft Society will be showcasing the work of talented crafters from across the county at their new exhibition at The Guildhall in Bury St Edmunds.
Originally the exhibition was due to take place last spring, but like many other local events was pushed back due to the coronavirus pandemic.
It will now start on Saturday November 13 - running through to Sunday November 21 opening to craft lovers from 10am - 5pm each day, giving more than 30 local 'makers' the chance to introduce people to their work.
Mosaics, glassware, furniture and textiles, will be amongst the crafts on display at the Guildhall.
Chair of the Suffolk Craft Society, Sarah Thane said: "We are excited to be back in Bury St Edmunds and a new venue for us.
"We hope the exhibition will inspire visitors with the originality and diversity of the designer crafts on show."
She added: "With Christmas coming, there's a chance to find unique and beautiful pieces for family and friends."
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival