What tasty treats were on offer on at this year’s Essex Vegan Festival?
- Credit: Archant
Creamy chocolates, vegan kebabs and gourmet vegan cheeses were among the many tasty treats on offer at the Essex Vegan Festival.
More than 1,000 people attended the event this afternoon, which took place at Charter Hall in Colchester.
It is fourth time the event has visited the town and demand for the products on offer was stronger than ever.
At 1pm the event had 1,200 people through its doors - a record breaking number for the festival.
One of the most popular items for sale was the v-dog - a vegan burger - which had sold out by lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Bryceson, who is the founder of the popular event, said: “It has been really good. It is really busy and there is still a big queue of people trying to come in.
“Everyone seems to be really happy.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
The festival had an array of stalls offering delicious grub, designer labels and a variety of gifts.
Of the v-dogs, Ms Bryceson said: “I think they are so popular because vegan hot dogs aren’t really around at the moment.
“A lot of people are seeing them and smelling them and they look and smell just like a meat one would. They are amazing.”
For those that missed the event, it is set to return the venue just in time for Christmas on December 14.