Two more coronavirus deaths confirmed at Colchester Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two further coronavirus patients – one in their 90s and one in their 70s – have died at Colchester Hospital, bringing the total number of deaths to 11.
Both had underlying health conditions and had tested positive for COVID-19.
Nick Hulme, chief executive for the East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust which runs the hospital, confirmed the news last night.
He said: “We can confirm that sadly, two patients, one in their 90s, and one in their 70s both of whom had underlying health conditions, have passed away at Colchester Hospital.
“They had tested positive for COVID-19. Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patients’ families and loved ones at this difficult time.”
It comes after the hospital confirmed three deaths on Monday, one of which included a patient in their early 80s who did not have underlying health conditions.
The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Suffolk and Essex rose again yesterday – with the combined figure for both counties now more than 500.
You may also want to watch:
The data, released by Public Health England on April 1, showed that the number of cases in Suffolk had risen to 125, while Essex now has 420 positive tests.
In the east of England there are currently 1,841 confirmed cases, with the overall figure for the UK at 29,474.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
Across Britain, 2,352 of those who have tested positive for COVID-19 have died.