Suffolk and north Essex among best for giving Covid jabs
- Credit: Leon Neal/PA
Suffolk and north Essex is again one of the best performing areas delivering the vaccine, according to the latest NHS figures.
The Suffolk and North East Essex Integrated Care System, which is responsible for the rollout in the two counties, is among the top five areas in England.
NHS figures report both jabs of the vaccine have been given to over half, 50.5%, of those aged over 16 living in Suffolk and Essex.
Breaking it down by local authority areas, Mid Suffolk was among the top 10 local authorities by the percentage of those aged 16 and over who have had both doses with 53.9%. Rates are similar in East Suffolk, 53.3%, Babergh, 53.2% and Tendring, 53%, but Colchester, on 37.3%, and Ipswich, 40.3%, are on the lower end of the scale.
East Suffolk was among the top five local authorities for giving their first dose on 78.3%. Similarly, Mid Suffolk, Babergh and Tendring had similarly higher rates, over 75%, with Colchester and Ipswich again on less (61.3% and 62.4%, respectively).
By local neighbourhoods, Felixstowe East, on 87.2%, and Saxmundham & Coldfair Green, on 85.9%, came out top for the first vaccine administered. Felixstowe East was also top 10 for both doses, reaching 68.4% of adults.
Ipswich's Central and Westgate and Colchester's Wivenhoe University, and Abbeyfield all recorded first doses given on less than 50%.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
The Norfolk and Waveney Health and Care Partnership, which is administering vaccines in the northeast of Suffolk, was also top five for the first dose on 76.2%.
A total of 52,689,008 Covid-19 vaccinations took place in England between December 8 and May 26, according to NHS England data, including first and second doses, which is a rise of 574,865 on the previous day.
NHS England said 32,285,684 were the first dose of a vaccine, a rise of 206,311 on the previous day, while 20,403,324 were a second dose, an increase of 368,554.
Suffolk and north Essex celebrated its one-millionth dose of the vaccine last week.
The vaccine is currently being given to over 30s, with over 20s planned for next week, to book please go here. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/.