Sunshine on the way after week of wet weather
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Suffolk and north Essex is expected to bask in the sunshine this weekend as the recent wet weather makes way for clearer skies.
Rain is expected to get heavier in the region on Friday afternoon and evening before a warm and dry weekend.
Temperatures are likely to reach the mid-20s on Saturday and Sunday, with a gentle breeze of around 10mph.
The good weather is likely to continue into Monday before the showers are expected to return on Tuesday.
Hay fever sufferers have already been prepared for a ‘pollen bomb’ over the weekend and urged to stock up on allergy medicines.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Dury, meteorologist at East Anglian-based forecasters Weatherquest, said: “Saturday is looking like a dry day with high temperatures of 24C or perhaps 25C.
“There is a very low risk of thunderstorms in the evening. “Sunday is also likely to be another dry day, with temperatures up to 24C.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision