A-Z of Ipswich Town - J is for Johnson
- Credit: Archant
Ross Halls is a back with another delve into the Ipswich Town archives for our A-Z series - and today we’ve reached J.
In Ipswich Town history, J is for Johnson - three Johnsons have played a key role at the club over the past few decades.
Dave Johnson is the first, banging in goals for the Blues back in the 1970's.
Then came Gavin Johnson, who enjoyed promotion and the first-ever Premier League season with Town back in the early 90's.
And David Johnson helped fire the Blues to promotion back to the Premier League in 2000.
You may also want to watch:
- What are your memories of the Johnsons? Let us know below!
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton