A-Z of Ipswich Town - J is for Johnson
- Credit: Archant
Ross Halls is a back with another delve into the Ipswich Town archives for our A-Z series - and today we’ve reached J.
In Ipswich Town history, J is for Johnson - three Johnsons have played a key role at the club over the past few decades.
Dave Johnson is the first, banging in goals for the Blues back in the 1970's.
Then came Gavin Johnson, who enjoyed promotion and the first-ever Premier League season with Town back in the early 90's.
And David Johnson helped fire the Blues to promotion back to the Premier League in 2000.
- What are your memories of the Johnsons? Let us know below!
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 9 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch