Norwich is doing well, but what have they won? A Milk Cup’ - Brazil says Town are still a bigger club than Canaries
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town stalwart Alan Brazil taunted fierce rivals Norwich City on his Talksport breakfast show today – insisting that the Blues are still the bigger club.
Brazil was teased by co-host Ally McCoist on his Thursday morning show about who is the biggest team in East Anglia, and the ex-Town striker insisted his beloved Ipswich still hold sway.
"Who is the biggest club, Ipswich or Norwich?' asked McCoist.
"At this moment in time, Ipswich. Ipswich is a bigger club overall. Of course they are," replied Brazil. "Norwich is doing well, but what have they won? A Milk Cup."
Of course, Town have a far richer history than their rivals, winning Division One, the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup, but in recent times the Canaries have had the upper hand, going unbeaten in the derby since 2009 and winning promotion to the Premier League last season.
You may also want to watch:
In contrast, Town were relegated from the Championship after finishing rock bottom, and will play in the third tier of English football for the first time since 1957 next season.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash