‘I truly believe we can repay you with entertaining and winning football’ – Evans writes to season ticket buyers
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans has written to the 11,748 supporters who have purchased season tickets for the 2019/20 League One campaign, saying ‘I truly believes we can repay you with entertaining and winning football’.
The Blues are preparing to play third-tier football for the first time since 1957 after a disastrous season which saw them finish bottom of the Championship table and 13 points adrift of safety.
Despite that, there has been a 15% increase in season ticket sales with 11,748 sold before the early bird deadline of 12pm on Monday. Close to 95% renewed with more than 1,500 either returning or buying for the first time.
In an e-mail sent to those who have purchased a seat for 2019/20, Evans said: "I am writing to thank you for pledging your support for the club for next season by purchasing a season ticket.
"We have been delighted by the response that people like you have shown in signing up for 2019/20, with season ticket sales up by 15 per cent on last year. I truly believe we can repay you with entertaining and winning football next season.
You may also want to watch:
"Although I have cut prices over the last two years by up to 25 per cent, I still realise that watching your team play comes at a significant financial cost so I'd like to reiterate on behalf of Paul (Lambert), the players and myself that we really do appreciate your support.
"It's been a challenging year for all connected to the club but if there is one positive to take, it's undoubtedly the backing for the team that has come from the stands.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
"As Paul has said many times, the atmosphere here has been nothing like a club that has been in the position we have.
"I think perhaps supporters have appreciated the way the team has played, in an entertaining style. We also have a young team, with players evolving through our academy system and into the first-team.
"Those players will need time to develop and fulfil their potential of course, but along with the experienced players we have here and a few new additions where needed, I strongly believe we are in a good position to move forward as a football club.
"Once again, thanks for becoming a season ticket holder for next year. Owners, managers, players come and go in this game but it's the fans that are the lifeblood of any football club and I will do everything I can to reward that support and bring success to Ipswich Town.
"Have a good summer and see you at Portman Road in August."