Colchester confirm Dobra loan move
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Armando Dobra's loan move to Colchester United has been confirmed.
The 20-year-old attacker joins the U's on loan for the season and goes straight into the squad for Saturday's home game against Sutton United.
Dobra, who is set to wear the No.19 shirt with the Essex club, had a string of options heading into the final days of the transfer window, with the likes of Burton Albion, Shrewsbury Town, Leyton Orient and AFC Wimbledon all showing interest.
But he ultimately chose Colchester in the hope of playing more than 35 games this season and pushing his case for a regular spot in Paul Cook's Ipswich squad.
Ipswich hold the option to recall Dobra in January.
'The U's director of football Tony Humes is happy with the youngster joining on loan, saying: "Armando is a great signing for the club. He had plenty of interest from sides in League One, but chose to join Colchester United.
"He will provide another option for Hayden to use this season, and we can't wait to see him get going."
The 20-year-old, who has been heavily praised by boss Paul Cook in recent days, has been a man in demand since the Blues made it known they were open to the idea of sending the attacker out on loan.
Several clubs in League One had made their interest known, with Town willing to loan him to clubs in the same division on the condition they paid the vast majority of the player’s wage. Gillingham were understood to be pushing hard for his signature and Shrewsbury made a late run after discovering Dobra was available for loan, while Saturday’s opponents AFC Wimbledon were also keen.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Seven observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 loss to West Ham U21s
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
Burton Albion came to the table late, believing they could do a deal, as did Doncaster Rovers, but Dobra has ultimately opted to move to Colchester, having also had interest from League Two clubs Salford City and Leyton Orient.