Matthews or Cornell - who would you rather Town sign?
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have already been linked with two goalkeepers as they search for a senior stopper to push first choice Tomas Holy - but which of the pair would you rather they sign?
We revealed last week that former Bolton and Norwich keeper Remi Matthews was training with the Blues as they returned to Playford Road ahead of the new League One season on September 12.
And ex-Northampton number one David Cornell is also on Town’s radar, although they’ll likely have competition for him from a range of Championship clubs including Derby County, Birmingham City, Swansea and Blackburn.
While Holy will likely enter the new season as Town’s first choie between the sticks, it’s understood that the Blues are keen to bring in someone to push him for the gloves.
As it stands, young stoppers Harry Wright and Adam Przybek would battle it out for the reserve keeper role.
You may also want to watch:
The transfer window officially opens tomorrow, with a striker top of Town’s summer hit list.
- What do you think - who would you rather Town sign? Vote in the poll and comment below!
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years