Matthews or Cornell - who would you rather Town sign?
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have already been linked with two goalkeepers as they search for a senior stopper to push first choice Tomas Holy - but which of the pair would you rather they sign?
We revealed last week that former Bolton and Norwich keeper Remi Matthews was training with the Blues as they returned to Playford Road ahead of the new League One season on September 12.
And ex-Northampton number one David Cornell is also on Town’s radar, although they’ll likely have competition for him from a range of Championship clubs including Derby County, Birmingham City, Swansea and Blackburn.
While Holy will likely enter the new season as Town’s first choie between the sticks, it’s understood that the Blues are keen to bring in someone to push him for the gloves.
As it stands, young stoppers Harry Wright and Adam Przybek would battle it out for the reserve keeper role.
You may also want to watch:
The transfer window officially opens tomorrow, with a striker top of Town’s summer hit list.
- What do you think - who would you rather Town sign? Vote in the poll and comment below!
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune