Vincent-Young, Skuse, Norwood, Jackson – who’s got your vote for Town player of the season so far?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town are a quarter of a way through their League One campaign, and sit atop the table, still unbeaten – but who’s been the star player for the Blues so far?
Town, of course, have won eight and drawn three of their league clashes so far, and have another weekend off to look forward to now due to international call-ups.
So now seems a good time to reflect on their fine start and pick out their stand-out star thus far.
And there are many contenders - when we posed the question on Twitter, electrifying right-back Kane Vincent-Young and rock solid veteran Cole Skuse were the picks of many fans.
But the likes of James Norwood, Kayden Jackson, Luke Garbutt, Flynn Downes, Tomas Holy, Luke Woolfenden and Luke Chambers could also stake a claim to that title.
Jackson leads the team in scoring with six strikes so far, one ahead of summer signing Norwood, while Downes has been superb in midfield and Town's defence has been watertight, conceding just five goals in the league campaign to date.
Garbutt, meanwhile, has chipped in with three goals, including a goal of the season contender free-kick thunderbolt in the 4-1 win over Tranmere.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
The Blues return to action when they make the long trip to Accrington a week on Sunday, in a game which kicks off at midday and will be shown live on Sky.
- Who's your pick of the players so far? Let us know below!