New café at Needham Lake beauty spot opening next week
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The new café and visitor centre at the Needham Lake beauty spot has confirmed it will open next week.
The Duck & Teapot, which has been built in a bid to bring more people to the area, will serve its first customers next Tuesday.
It has been designed to complement the surrounding environment and meets Mid Suffolk District Council's climate change ambitions, incorporating several green features – including bird boxes, solar panel and an air source heat pump.
The Duck & Teapot name was chosen in a public vote and the café will be managed by the team behind Cabbages and Kings, the popular café at The Mix in Stowmarket.
Posting on Facebook, The Duck & Teapot confirmed the café will be open seven days a week and serve a range of lunches, cakes and drinks.
According to Mid Suffolk District Council, Needham Lake is mid Suffolk's most popular free attraction.
Simon Hubert, contracts manager at SEH French, which built the café and visitor centre, said: "It has been an honour for SEH French to be a part of this project.
"Needham Lake is one of our county’s gems and many of our staff will have very fond memories of visiting here with family and friends in the past.
"The visitor centre and café, named by the public as Duck & Teapot, will undoubtedly provide a great boost to the local area. We look forward to seeing it being enjoyed by local residents and visitors alike.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 9 Mike Bacon: 'Kieron Dyer is in reception... Yes, he's on crutches'
- 10 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
"We would like to thank Mid Suffolk District Council for the opportunity to work on this development, which will soon become a favourite for visitors of Needham Lake."