A-Z of Ipswich Town: A is for Sir Alf Ramsey
Over the course of the off-season, we’ll be bringing you some superb nostalgia videos looking at the A-Z of Ipswich Town – starting today with the letter A.
And, of course, there's nowhere else you can go with for A than the legendary Sir Alf Ramsey.
Sir Alf led Town to two promotions before, incredibly, they won the Division One title at the first time of asking in 1961/62.
After leaving Portman Road, Ramsey went on to lead England to the ultimate prize in 1966 - the nation's first and only World Cup title.
Even now, long after he stood on the sidelines at the Blues, his presence can still be felt at Portman Road.
What are your memories of the great man? Let us know below!
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching