A-Z of Ipswich Town: A is for Sir Alf Ramsey
Over the course of the off-season, we’ll be bringing you some superb nostalgia videos looking at the A-Z of Ipswich Town – starting today with the letter A.
And, of course, there's nowhere else you can go with for A than the legendary Sir Alf Ramsey.
Sir Alf led Town to two promotions before, incredibly, they won the Division One title at the first time of asking in 1961/62.
After leaving Portman Road, Ramsey went on to lead England to the ultimate prize in 1966 - the nation's first and only World Cup title.
Even now, long after he stood on the sidelines at the Blues, his presence can still be felt at Portman Road.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of the great man? Let us know below!
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?