Huge wages, Garbutt’s future and no fans till 2021 - our most read Town stories of the week
- Credit: Archant
Even with the football season suspended, there’s plenty going on - here are our top five most-read Ipswich Town stories of the week.
Top of the pile was the leaked EFL survey which revealed the huge wage gaps between the Championship and League One, plus the hefty salary Town boss Paul Lambert may potentially be on...
Second most-read was an interview with former Town loanee Conor Hourihane, who shared that he believes his time at Portman Road under Roy Keane set him up for a career in the Premier League...
Third was a chat with current Town loan star Luke Garbutt, covering his ‘complicated’ contract situation given the current coronavirus pandemic, and his potential future at Town...
Fourth was the potential timeline for the return of football, behind closed doors, under the Premier League’s ‘Project Restart’ – all roads lead to June...
You may also want to watch:
And finally in our top five was news that the EFL season may not actually get finished after all, with a suggestion that fans may not be allowed to return until 2021...
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 A12 closed following serious collision
- 5 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 6 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency